As a company, we do business in accordance with the Federal Fair Housing Law and welcome Persons of all Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Handicap, Familial Status, or National Origin. We welcome all persons of all Race, Color, Disability, Religious Creed, Ancestry, Sex, Familial Status, Sexual Preference, Gender Identity, Age and National Origin.
We will process all applications for consideration as to what we (in our sole discretion) deem the best applicant, which may not necessarily be the first application received. In such cases, more than one applicant may be approvable, however only one will eventually be approved. Because we represent the best interest of the rental property, we will accept the best application, which may not necessarily be the first application received.
The applications submitted are not considered complete until:
- All applicants for the unit have applied.
- All information required has been submitted to Modern Day Property Management.
The following is a general list of information required for all applicants; some applicants may be required to submit information beyond this list.
- Valid Government issued ID
- Valid Pay stubs for a two-month period
- 3 months bank statements
- Current selfie photo of any pet listed on the rental application.
- Current photo of any service animal on the rental application.
- Documentation for service animal(s), upon request.
All of the above-listed information must be emailed to email@example.com to have your application be considered complete.
- All Adult applicants 18 or older must submit a fully completed, dated and signed residency application and fee. Applicant must provide proof of identity. A non-refundable application fee of $75 will be required per adult. Applicant may be required to be approved by a condo/homeowner's association and may have to pay an additional application fee or an additional security or damage deposit.
- Applicants must have a combined gross monthly income of at least three times (3x) the monthly rent for the property in which they are applying for. We do not accept co-signers. We may deny on the basis of this income requirement even if pre-paid rent is offered by applicant.
- Credit scores beneath 550 will not be accepted. Credit history and/or Civil Court Records must not contain landlord collections, judgments, or liens within the past five (5) years. No evictions within the last five (5) years. All bankruptcies must be discharged and at least three (2) years old to qualify. Open or dismissed bankruptcy in the past seven (7) years will not be accepted. Credit that comes back with no score will be adjusted to 550 for scoring purposes. Credit reports that show as frozen must be lifted for 24 hours by the agency. If you know your credit is frozen, please take care of this prior to submitting an application or it may result in not being approved. An application may be denied due to poor credit history. All applicants must have a valid Social Security number to apply.
- Credit history and or Civil Court Records must not contain judgments, eviction filing, within the past 5 years. No open bankruptcy
- Self-employed applicants may be required to produce upon request two (2) years of tax returns/1099s/three (3) months of business bank statements and non-employed or retired individuals must provide verifiable proof of income. Six (6) weeks of pay stubs required for non-self-employed applicants. Must be at current job for at least 3 months or have transferred to the same career field.
- All sources of other income must be verifiable if needed to qualify for a rental unit.
- Applicants must provide 3 month bank statements.
- Criminal records must contain no convictions for felonies within the past 7 years involving the manufacture or distribution of controlled substances. For other felony convictions, we will conduct individualized assessments that take into account mitigating factors, such as facts & circumstances surrounding the criminal conduct, age at time of conduct, evidence of good tenancy before and after conduct, nature & severity of conviction and the amount of time that has passed since the conviction. Criminal history which indicates that an applicant’s tenancy would constitute a direct threat to the health or safety of other individuals or whose tenancy could result in substantial physical damage to the property of the owner or others may result in rejection of the application.
- Previous rental history reports from landlords must reflect timely payment, sufficient notice of intent to vacate, no complaints regarding noise, disturbances or illegal activities, no unpaid NSF checks, and no damage to unit or failure to leave the property clean and without damage at time of lease termination.
- No pets (with the exception of medically necessary pets for the benefit of the occupant(s)) of any kind are permitted without specific written permission of landlord in the lease document, an addendum to lease, a non-refundable pet fee acceptable to landlord and/or an additional pet deposit or additional security deposit. Fees and deposits are waived for service-related animals. A separate pet application fee per pet is also required if you own any pet. Applicants applying with NO pets will also be required to submit the same application but will select NO pets and will not be charged. Pets will not be considered during the lease term. If a pet is present on the premises that has not been approved, it will result in an automatic lease violation which may lead to an eviction. This applies to pets staying for "one night" or pets you are "sitting". If a pet has not been approved at move in, the pet is not authorized to be on the property at any time. Fees and deposits are waived for medically necessary service animals and emotional support animals.
- The number of occupants must be in compliance with HUD standards/guidelines for the applied for unit.
- Applicants will be required to pay a security deposit at the time of lease execution in a minimum amount of one month's rent. We reserve the right to require a higher security deposit and or additional prepaid rent.
- We require a non refundable reservation fee to be collected to hold a property off the market. In the event the application is approved and applicant fails to enter into a lease, the applicant shall forfeit this deposit. In the event the application is approved, this deposit shall be applied to the required security deposit.
- Any applicant who exhibits behavior that is abusive, harassing, or combative towards management company’s employees and/or landlord or whose behavior gives management company and/or landlord cause to believe that applicant cannot or will not comply with the rental agreement and/or follow the rules will result in an automatic denial.
- Any exceptions to our company's criteria will need to be submitted in writing to the rental agent for presentation to the landlord for consideration. If approval is then given for such exceptions, additional security, co-signers, and/or additional advance rent payments may be required.
- Our company policy is to report all non-compliance with terms of your rental agreement or failure to pay rent, or any amounts owed to the credit bureau and/or a collection agency and if the amount is disputed, it shall be reported as disputed in accordance with law.
- Be honest and truthful in your application and answer all questions. Any falsification of facts or withholding of information requested on the application is cause for denial. If the falsification of facts is revealed after a lease has been signed, this is a reasonable cause for eviction.
Ready to Apply?